Tuesday 13 March 2018

Shabby Book Cover Collages and Other Neutral Joys...

Hello friends,

Here's a large nest from my collection, displayed with wooden eggs (silky oak), and a piece of wrinkled bark I picked up on a walk...

https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html


https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html

Above is a card I threw together in haste - using a beautiful tag from Megan Berry. You can download them here: 

https://lilac-n-lavender.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/vintage-bird-inspired-tags.html

These are the set of tags available for free. Aren't they gorgeous? Thanks, Megan!


Some shells, sea urchin shells and stones I've collected...

https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html

https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html

Here's my little friend, Jasper. Every day he settles himself near my computer to snooze beside me...

https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html

He's growing so fast! Here he is with his siblings before we took him home. So sweet! I wish we could have taken his black and white brother, too!!!

https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html



https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html


https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html



https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html


https://lace-age-girl.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/shabby-book-cover-collages-and-other.html

The tree design on the old book cover below attracted my eye at a garage sale, so I decided to honour it with a few bits and pieces - a
skeleton leaf found on a walk, and part of the worn spine of the book, and a beautiful moth picture. There wasn't room for much. I took the back cover too, and did another collage. I love the worn old look to these canvas covers.

Jesse Rowan's Lace Collages

Maybe this is cheating, but I've tinted the colour of the collages so they'd fit into Simply Neutrals Tuesday over at Wen's blog, Appleapricot , where you will find a collection of neutral coloured artworks on display. I'll show you the true colours soon...


Wishing you a creative week appreciating the beauty around you....

Jesse



16 comments:

  1. So many lovely images from you today Jesse!
    Love those nests and wooden eggs and the beautiful bird tags you created is so sweet. Thanks for sharing those tags with us too!
    My word Jasper is really growing so fast as you say but looks completely contented settled in your studio there! I'm sure you are loving every second with his company now. What a sweet face with that white nose!
    Looks as if you are really enjoying your creativity once again! Enjoy!
    Hugs from here down south with more Autumnal days, blue skies and soft breezes!
    Suzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy, Thanks for all your encouragement. The tags aren't mine - I acknowledged where you can download them. Yes, Jasper is a special part of our family.
      I am diving into online courses on Lightroom and Photoshop to improve my skills, and that is consuming my time and brain power, but I hope to take creative breaks to actually make things too. Happy Autumn - aren't we lucky with our mild climate!
      Love and hugs,
      Jesse XX

      Delete
  2. Those nests and your card - so beautiful and your collection of shells, sea urchin shells and stones is so lovely in this tray! Oh wow- you gave amazing new life to those old bookcovers - I am looking forward to seeing what colours they have ( Thank you also for the link to this lovely tags♥)
    But the absolutely star of the show today is Jasper - oh my gosh what a lovely cat! Oh yes his brother is a beauty as well! Hope to see photos of Jasper on his way to grow into a big tomcat!
    Thank you for your lovely visit on my blog Jesse!
    Have a wonderful week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susi,
      It's so good of you to visit here and leave such warm comments. I'm glad you like my Jasper, I adore him! Even though he has broken two of my favourite vintage teacups, drinks from our water glasses, brings chewed mice toys to our bed and messes up my dried flowers! But he purrs like a tractor and loves cuddles.
      Wishing you a happy and productive week,
      Hugs from Jesse XX

      Delete
  3. So much beauty in your home, dear Jess, both created by you, and found or bought by you :-) I love your beautiful Jasper kitten , so adorable.
    The old bookcovers are amazing with your collages , and so love you cheated, for us to see them here ,lol. Your nest with eggs, your shell collection, all is wonderful, and thank you for the freebies, do you know what happened to the blog, I have followed her ,too- but is seems she suddenly disappeared .
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dorthe, Lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your very kind comments. Megan's blog is https://lilac-n-lavender.blogspot.com.au/ It's working fine for me -
      maybe she moved and you are using an old link?
      Love and hugs from Jesse XX

      Delete
  4. Your cards and collage work are beautiful and I love the sea urchin shells ... but your little kitten is what I want to cuddle... What a darling... Thanks for sharing your fabulous artwork and sweet pictures...Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting here, Zaa. I appreciate your taking time to comment. I'm glad Jasper the kitten is bringing joy to everyone.
      Have a creative and productive week!
      Hugs,
      Jesse XX

      Delete
  5. Hello Jesse, I really enjoyed your post! The book covers are gorgeous and the authenticity of the vintage covers is charming. Beautiful work. Such a lovely 'nest' vignette~ and yes, Jasper does steal all out hearts away! I have used Megan's tags also - they are lovely. Thanks for sharing : ) Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      Thanks for dropping in to leave a comment. Hope your week is a happy one.
      Hugs,
      Jesse XX

      Delete
  6. Great works and so wonderful pictures from this lovely cats !
    I am impressived.
    Warm regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jutta,
      I'm glad you enjoyed this post. Thanks for your warm comments.
      Hugs,
      Jesse XX

      Delete
  7. Hi Jesse,
    what a gorgeous post this is! Each beautiful item! I am ready for spring. Your kittens are just the sweetest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy for stopping by to comment. Happy Spring! I'm catching up on emails :)
      Love,
      Jesse

      Delete
  8. UN AMOR ESOS GATOS!!!!
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your friendly comments. It makes my day to hear from you about my artworks and topics.