Sunday 1 July 2012

Day 18 Black and White tips

Well, after experimenting by changing to monochrome setting on my camera, I hear from Kim's next lesson in Beyond Layers that I shouldn't limit my picture by committing to black and white. Kim gives so much information and so many ideas that I am blown away by the possibilities. I've chosen to do only a few of the ideas as my picture felt finished.

Here I took a colour portrait that I've always liked and converted it to black and white in Photoshop Elements 9. I played with Camera Raw, healed a few spots that had scanned on, and added a texture - Kim's Graduation Day in Multiply mode at about 50 % opacity.

moustache tie

Next I took a black and white photo I had taken in an old Australian country cemetery and experimented in Camera Raw. I added Kim's Aurora texture in Soft Light mode at about 20%.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your friendly comments. It makes my day to hear from you about my artworks and topics.